Things to Do to Encourage Eating
- Make Food FUN
- Play with the foods placing it on you or around the moth
- Use the foods with other activities
- Eat like animals: chomp like hippos, slip like sluts, chew like dinosaur
- Have a Variety of Foods on the Plate
- Try eating different Textures of foods
- If Foods are challenging use this routine
- Look at it
- Touch it
- Smell it
- Kiss it
- Lick it
- Sit while eating
- Better to metabolize the food and create a good environment during meals.
What to Avoid if Possible
- TV during eating
- The child only eating along. Again, create an environment of socializing where everyone eats.
- Forcing the child, can create negative memory associated with eating that may further impacting eating.
REMEMBER: It is hard and you are doing your best, any support you provide is building upon a foundation to aid your child!